Setting Up Social Media
As many know already, social media is a powerful tool. There are dozens of social media platforms out there but the main ones to help promote your project are Facebook and Twitter.
Both are very easy to set up and are an easy way for you to share information. It's a good idea to designate someone to be in charge of your social media channels to make sure they are being monitored and you respond to any comments. As well as Facebook and Twitter you could also consider setting up a profile on Instagram if you have strong images.
Here are some step-by-step guides to setting up a profile on social media.
- Go to facebook.com/pages/create
- Click to choose a Page category
- Select a more specific category from the dropdown menu and fill out the required information.
- Click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions
- Choose a profile name. This is the name you'll be known as on Twitter (also known as your @name)
- Add a photo of you, not your logo
- Complete your bio
- Add your website address
- Follow some people
- Get tweeting
- Check your mentions regularly.
To create an Instagram account from the app on your phone:
- Download the Instagram app for iOS from the App Store, Android from Google Play Store or Windows Phone from the Windows Phone Store.
- Once the app is installed, tap to open it.
- Tap Sign Up, then enter your email address and tap Next. You can also tap Log in with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account.
- If you register with email, create a username and password, fill out your profile info and then tap Done. If you register with Facebook, you'll be prompted to log into your Facebook account if you're currently logged out.
- Download the app. Go to the App Store (for Apple) or Google Play Store (for Android) and download Snapchat for free.
- Launch Snapchat and tap Sign Up. Enter your details.
- Create a username.
- Verify your phone number.
- Prove that you're human by selecting the correct images.
- Add friends